Sunday, August 21, 2005

A Bunch of Good Links

There is a number of websites that I visit on a regular basis (for blogs see my list in the left hand sidebar under 'Links'). Each one of these sites usually serves a regular purpose for

Value Line Free Reports:
Value Line is an awesome source for great research on 1000's of stocks. They publish what is called the The Value Line Investment Survey but it is really expensive to subscribe. However, they do offer all their reports for the Dow 30 stocks free. Check out this link.

Dividend Based Investing:
This is a great site focused on dividend investing run by someone who is just plain passionate about his dividend investments. There is loads of research. Every month he sends out a free report that screens dividend paying stocks based on criteria that he feels is important. I love the way he values investments based on their current yield in comparison to their previous periods average yield. Check this site out here.

Mergent's Dividend Achievers:
Mergent runs a portion of their site that they call Dividend Achievers. What is a Dividend Achiever? It is:

A publicly-traded company that has increased its dividends for the last ten or more consecutive years will be classified as a Dividend Achiever. Depending on the industry, companies must also meet certain capitalization requirements in order to be considered a Dividend Achiever.

Check Mergent out here.

The DRIP Investing Resource Center:
Lots of articles, research, and tools that will help with dividend-based investing. I really like the Choices section of his site that shows the results of a poll he runs every year asking people which DRIPs they invest in.

Gummy Stuff:
This guy is a math wize and he has A LOT of Excel files that analyzes investing a million ways. His site can be found here.

The Motley Fool:
I have been on this site for a long time. I subscribe to their forums which I find to be the most valuable section of the site, however I don't post much at all.

Yahoo! Finance:
Most of you probably already know about this site, but I will list it anyway. I go here a lot to get research on the companies I own or am looking to invest in.

Better Investing:
This is the site for the National Association of Investors Corporation. It provides investors with a good methodology for selecting stocks. Its counterpart in Canada is the Canadian Shareowner Magazine, which as you know is the service I use as my broker.

RiskGrades:
This site calculates the risk in your portfolio. They use some form of complex math to figure out how risky your portfolio is compared to other investment type. Pretty cool stuff.

Shakespeare's Canadian Investments:
Simply a primer for do-it-yourself investors. Loads of good information in here.

Anyway, those are a few of the sites I frequent regularly. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Transactions Since August 5th:

Reinvest IGM Financial Dividend: $33.44



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home