Monday, July 18, 2005

Rules of this Site

Not much of a post today, but I need to get it out there anyway. I have few ground rules on this site. Please ensure you follow them.

Rule #1
: Do not, I repeat - DO NOT - follow any advice given on this site. The site is for informational purposes only. The decision I make concerning my goals and money work for me (hopefully), but given your circumstances, they may not be relevant.

Rule #2: I am not your financial advisor.

Rule #3: I will advertise on this site.

Rule #4: Comment, Comment, Comment. I want to hear from you, so please comment.

4 Comments:

Blogger savingadvice said...

Good luck with the blog.
I had a quick question: is there any particular reason why you're aiming for $300k? I was just curious.

7/22/2005 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger My Personal Hedge Fund said...

Good question. The reason is this:

I have a sub-goal of receiving $15,000 per year in income from this money. If I structure my portfolio properly I believe I can achieve a 5% per year income stream via dividends, interest, and distributions off of this money (5% of $300,000 = $15,000). That is what I am shooting for. We shall see!

Thanks for visiting.

7/22/2005 01:59:00 PM  
Blogger JLP said...

Nice blog and thanks for the link to AllThingsFinancial. Once you have a few posts up, I'll post a link to you from my blog.

Take Care,

JLP

7/22/2005 09:44:00 PM  
Blogger My Personal Hedge Fund said...

nickel,

Thanks for that advice...I have updated my settings in my blogger account. I also added your site to my links as I enjoyed it quite a bit. Thanks again.

7/29/2005 09:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home